Henry Boot is delighted to launch Phase 2 of its Responsible Business Strategy (RB Strategy), which sets ambitious targets aimed at further embedding its environmental, social and governance (ESG) approach into the business’s commercial and strategic decision making.
This follows closely on from Phase 1, known as 135 Henry Boot which launched three new strategic initiatives for 2021:
- Community Partnership Plan
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
- Net Zero Carbon (NZC) Framework – including a target to be NZC for Scopes 1 & 2 by 2030
135 Henry Boot has put the Group in a strong position to develop Phase 2 of its RB Strategy from 2022 onwards. Phase 2 aims to align ESG with its commercial strategy and lays out clear targets to be achieved by 2025. Throughout the development of Phase 2, Henry Boot’s people and various stakeholders have been engaged to ensure that the social and environmental issues that matter most to them, and which the Group can have the greatest influence on, are addressed.
The strategy is guided by three principal objectives:
- To further embed ESG factors into its commercial decision making, so that the business adapts, ensuring long term sustainability and value creation for the Group’s stakeholders.
- To empower and engage its people to deliver long-term meaningful change and impact for the communities and environments Henry Boot work in.
- To focus the Group on issues deemed to be most significant and material to the business and hold ourselves accountable by reporting regularly on progress.
Henry Boot’s Responsible Business Committee, a Committee of the PLC Board, will oversee the Strategy to ensure that the medium-term objectives are met. It will also provide regular updates on progress so that all the Group’s partners and stakeholders can consistently understand its approach and impact.
I am proud to be leading a business that is looking to address the challenges our environment and society face today. Phase 2 of our RB Strategy clearly sets out an approach and targets that will help address these challenges whilst ensuring we continue to leave a lasting positive legacy for the people, communities and environments in which we operate.
Tim Roberts, Chief Executive Officer, Henry Boot PLC