We are committed to environmental protection, sustainable development and supporting the ecology through our policies, procedures and day to day activities.
We have achieved BS EN ISO 14001:2004 accreditation and we actively maintain this standard. This provides our customers with assurance of our commitment to minimising environmental impact.
We do this through:
- Environmental impact assessments and action plans
- Site waste management, recycling and carbon reduction
- Efficient and innovative design, including whole life costs
- Environmental and sustainability policies
- Responsible and ethical supply chain management
- Associate membership of the Considerate Constructors Scheme
We work to a comprehensive Sustainability Policy that sets out best practice and shows how we monitor and improve our performance, encourage local involvement and build community relationships.
We are at the forefront of delivering sustainable projects under BREEAM and EcoHomes in our region, and we have trained in-house Code for Sustainable Homes assessors who are experts in managing projects to achieve the highest possible rating.
We are committed to environmental impact reduction and have signed up to the ‘WRAP (Waste & Resources Action Programme)" Halving Waste to Landfill by 2012 commitment.
A number of case studies have been completed in conjunction with WRAP -
- Halving Waste To Landfill (view)
- Managing waste to improve segregation, recovery and recycling (view)
- Social Housing: tackling waste arisings from the Decent Homes Programme (view)
Our environmental performance is regularly monitored against the Constructing Excellence key performance indicators and we are focused on carbon reduction throughout the company management system.
As part of the Henry Boot Group of companies, we complete the annual Business in the Community Environmental Index. This benchmarks us against all industries in terms of environmental and carbon management. For last years' results and feedback, click here.
"I was highly satisfied with the works carried out in year one of the environmental programme. The site team I dealt with on a day to day basis were fantastic and very supportive."
Mark Ryalls, Rotherham MBC
"A very well managed scheme, with excellent attention to customer and third party relationships."
Richard Koscian, Carillion WSP